GREAT POINT ANON. So I’ll just move on to one of the many shows starring a female character
- in a real world setting
- who isn’t white
- who is single over 30 and in no big hurry to find a significant other
- who used to work with people in crisis like I do
- who instinctively puts other people first
- but isn’t a spineless pushover
- who had an entire storyline about her struggle to make an important life decision for her own reasons and no one else’s
- whose professional enthusiasm isn’t framed as unhealthy, with a spotlight shone on her neglected child/husband/significant other
- who is not a mother and shows little interest in having kids but enjoys spending time with them anyway
- who changed careers multiple times after a certain age but gave every single one of them her all
- who has parents nearing retirement age, both alive, and has presumably decent relationships with them, albeit complicated by miscommunication and misunderstandings
Joan Watson is an almost malicious tease. “We’re going to give you everything you want in a character, but we don’t find her interesting enough to let her drive the plot, so we’ll throw about five minutes of development her way every three or four episodes while Sherlock gets ten to twenty minutes every single time.” The question shouldn’t be why do I care, person who couldn’t stand behind their own position, it should be why don’t you.
He slayed the dragon.
The princess cried for days.
She loved that dragon.
meanwhile i’m asking the real fuckin questions
This is the best explanation I could come up with for why it takes me so long to do updates sometimes when, at other times, I’m typing them up like clockwork.
I’m like this with my original fiction, too.
You guys forgot this one:
Important to note: the reason most bad books and fanfics are bad is that they didn’t respect (and/or didn’t write) the purple.
You can’t skip the inbetween shit! Make it up but don’t skip it!
I liken the purple bits to madly laying down tracks in front of a speeding train and it’s how I write most of my stuff, even the big long fics. I’ll be busily writing one scene and figuring out the next bits in my head whenever I’ve got thinking time, just trying to stay slightly ahead of what I’m currently writing without forgetting where I’m going.
And that’s how I navigate from one red/green dot to the next :-D
Scarlett’s stunt trainning for her role as Black Widow in Iron Man2
“Scarlett hadn’t really done an action role.And she assured me that she would work as hard as she needed to both get in sharp and do her stunts and learn all that stuff.She spent hours and hours and hours for months.By far the most dedicated actor when it came to stunt work and the physical work.” - Jon Favreau:Director&co-star
and they have the gall to ask her about her diet
her diet was KICKING DUDEBROS IN THE FACE
If you are so unhappy with the way Joan Watson has been written, why do you continue to watch the show?
"you make my heart beat in iambic pentameter."
no you don’t understand shakespeare literally writes to the beat of your heart
- that’s why shakespearean actors will sometimes pound their chests in time to the words during readings
- that’s why you use fluctuations…
Community in LEGO: Costumed Characters (9/11) (Dean Pt. 1)
1. Mister Winter Dean
2. Pizza Day Delivery Dean
3. Mental Health Nurse Dean
4. Abed’s Happy Place Aviator Dean
5. Jeff’s Graduation Day Dean
this needs to be in every art history books in 10 years
I roared, or more correctly, watching it at oh-dark-thirty, I almost burst not roaring because I’d have woken D up.
This one is for all the Sherlock fans who’ve speculated about the Bedsheet in Buckingham Palace scene, and for everyone who’s done the modesty dance with towel and swimsuit on a public beach because you all know that if anyone sees your bum or your bits even for an instant, the world will end right there and then.
Watch, and wonder, and be amazed. Amused, too. A lot.